Letter Identification, Letter Sounds, and Sight Word Activities
ABC Chart: Working on Letter Identification and Letter Sounds
* Please let me know if you would like an ABC chart to use at home
- Read each letter pointing to the capital, lowercase, picture, and word.
- -Example for Letter B: Point and say, “B, b, bear, bear.”
- -You can add the letter sound at the end for a little extra practice.
- Play I Spy: You can say, “I spy with my little eye a letter that sounds like…”
- Write letters on cards and play bingo
Other activities for letter identification/sounds and sight words:
- Use index cards to make a memory game with capital and lowercase letters. *
- Play I Spy with objects around the house for letter sounds.
- Practice writing letters with different things like crayons, markers, play dough, glue and glitter, trace it in sand or put some rice in a container and trace the letters with your finger in the rice, and use shaving cream on a cookie sheet to write letters and words. The cookie sheet is easier to clean up than your table. *
- Make flash cards of letters and words. *
* You can do these activities with the sight words as well
25 Kindergarten Sight Words